[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: [WSIS-CT] Fw: Developing and in transition Countries list

Beatriz Busaniche beatriz at maxmedia.com.ar
Fri Oct 10 13:00:03 BST 2003

I want to express my concerns that Argentina is not included in the
countries list.  I asked the CSD to check this situation,  and they didn't
as i can see...

During civil society bureau meetings in Geneva, there was an agreement that
they will check Argentine's situation on this. They say that this list was
provided by the donors, so it would be impossible to modify it. Argentina is
a country in development and it's not considered in this list. We do not
know the origin of the list. CSD just said that it's donors list, but we do
not which organization did it.

I want to ask if there's another case of countries in development and
transition, or LDC that is not included in the list, or Argentina is the
only one.

Thank you all

REgards

Lic. Beatriz Busaniche