[WSIS CS-Plenary] suggestion for WSIS opening speakers

west Asia westasiaregion at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:11:31 BST 2003

Dear CS Plenary Members

Thank you all for your emails reagrding the Iranian winner of the noble
peace prize, I received some very good proposals form many civil society
members for inviting Mrs.Ebadi (the recent winner of Noble prize for peace)
for the WSIS and CS plenary, I will ask her definitely and I also have  a
better Idea, as you know for the inauguration speech of WSIS there are 3
speakers and one from CS, Louise told us to give them names to be informed
to ITU secretary general for final selection, I hereby strongly advice to
ask Mrs.Ebadi to be the CS speaker after Kofi Annan. It is very legitimate
as she is a human rights advocate and recent noble winner and a true and
active member of civil society especially in difficult conditions of Iran,
If you also agree and support, I will speak with her.

Louise: could you please advise me on the process?

Best regards

Amir Barmaki
Tehran