[WSIS CS-Plenary] Regarding civil society speaker in Summit

Chun Eung Hwi chun at peacenet.or.kr
Sun Oct 12 16:27:27 BST 2003

Dear all,

To be honest, I cannot understand nowadays why some people are so excited
to the idea that new nobel peace prize winner could be a key speaker in
coming Summit. I think we should never forget that those documents put on
the table in WSIS is very far away from civil socienty principles. Even in
last news conference of last PrepCom III, civil society expressed it very
clearly. And still we should take into account whether we could declare
the breakdown of multi stakeholder approach applied in WSIS process. At
the moment, our main concern should be what could be our final message to
de facto divided WSIS rather than how exciting figure could take the
microphone in coming Summit.

regards,

Chun

Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82)  2-2166-2205
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea  	    | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr