[WSIS CS-Plenary] CSO Compilation Language Submissions on Paras 1-11 of Declaration of Principles

susanna at isiswomen.org susanna at isiswomen.org
Mon Sep 15 15:59:13 BST 2003

Dear all,

I do apologise for us not being able to get back to these lists sooner in the
day.  I thank Bill and others for the language contributions that were made
this morning on the CT mailing list for the purposes of drafting the lobbying
document.

Please find attached the proposed language that we have worked on up to 5 p.m.
today (15th September 2003).  The governments have decided to discuss the
language of the draft Declaration of Principles in blocks of paragraphs.  The
first block to be discussed this afternoon was Paras 1-11.

This compilation of lobbying language was put together with inputs from the HR
Caucus, the Gender Strategies Working Group, the Youth Caucus, the Latin
American and Caribbean Caucus, the Global Unions working group, the Ethics and
Values working group (?) and some others that I cannot recall at this point.

We tried as far as possible to put into this compilation document language that
there was consensus on.  The CT Drafting Group will meet again at 6 p.m. today,
and we hope to be able to agree on what this consensus means, and how this
consensus will be achieved.  Currently, there are too few of us, actually
pulling the language together, and we need to ensure a process whereby
different Caucus and Working Group representatives are present while the
language is being pulled together, so that we can arrive at better consensus.
This matter will be discussed later today.

The next blocks of language to be worked on are as follows:

Para 12-33 Tuesday morning 16th September 2003
Para 34-53 Tuesday afternoon 16th September 2003.

Basically we will follow the same format of work.  We will be asking all the
different caucuses and working groups, and of course everyone that is not here
physically, to make contributions to the Contents and tHemes subcommittee
through these mailing lists.  One of us, either Patcha, myself or someone else
will check every morning and periodically during the day for language
recommendations. So please do continue to send in your contributions.

Alright, that's it for now...more reports from others later surely,

Until then,

Susanna