[WSIS CS-Plenary] Prepcomm3 mini-report

Chris Nicol cnicol at pangea.org
Mon Sep 22 10:23:50 BST 2003

Hi all,

Here are a few developments at Prepcomm3.

1. Last Friday, we received in our pigeonholes a copy of the almost
final version of the inter-governmental Declaration of Principles. This
Declaration is very bad, and last night people from several caucuses
worked on a document to denounce the official one. This was presented to
CS Plenary this morning and there is a working group revising it at this
moment. We expect that there will be an opportunity to present this to
the government delegates this afternoon. It will need to be publicised
when the final version is posted to this list.

2. T get an idea of the hectic pace of activity, here is the list of CS
meetings which was read out in the Plenary this morning.

Content and Themes: 10.00, Room C2, ITU building
Arab NGO Caucus: 10.00, outside Roiom 3-4
Disability Caucus: 14.00, Entrance to Room 3
Human Rights Caucus: 14.00, Room 14
Education and Cultural Diversity  Caucuses: 16.00, Cafeteria
Latin America and the Carribean Caucus: 16.00, Cafeteria
Ethics and Values Caucus: 11.00, Room 16
Gender Caucus: 10.00-12.00, Room 17 (every day)
Youth Caucus: 16.00, Room T 103, ITU building (every day)
NGO Gender Strategies Working Group: 1.00-2.00, Cafeteria, top of escalator

3. The Content and Themes working group is discussing this morning how
best to go about creating an alternative declaration or Civil Society
statement. We hope to get a first draft done this week.

Regards,

Chris