[WSIS CS-Plenary] Call for Papers - Gender and ICT - Woman in the Information Society

Neshat Saeid saeidneshat at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 14:44:57 BST 2003

From: Maryam Aghah Sheikh Mohammad, editor of Zan-e
Farzaneh, Institute for Women's Studies and Research
editor at iwsr.org

Call for Papers on Gender and ICT – Woman in the
Information Society

The editor of Zan-e Farzaneh journal – a bilingual
journal on gender studies - invites you to contribute
your work for our January 2004 special issue on
"Gender and ICT – Woman in the Information Society -
that will be publish a month earlier and will be also
distributed during the World Summit on the Information
Society (WSIS) that will be held in December 2003 in
Geneva.

We encourage submissions that focus on (but are not
restricted to) the following themes:
- Gender and Information and Communication Technology
- Digital Technology and Women's Empowerment
- Role of Women in the Information Revolution and
Digital Economy
- Women's Employment in ICTs
- Suggestions for More Participation of Women in ICT
- Analysis of the Work done in Prep Com III of the
WSIS

Papers examining additional themes linked to the
issues mentioned above are also appreciated.

Submissions should be original work done. The editor
welcomes submissions only in English and in Farsi
(Persian). All articles are reviewed by established,
senior scholars of women's studies in Iran. We require
one electronic copy of your submission. (A hard copy
should be sent upon request only.) Submissions should
be between 2500-6000 words (about 10 to 20 pages),
that include an abstract and a brief biographical
note. All the English papers will be published on our
website.

Deadline for submission (extended): October 15, 2003.
Please send the papers via email to editor at iwsr.org

For you information, the Institute for Women's Studies
and Research is a non-governmental organization based
in Tehran (Iran) that works to promote the status of
women. For more information about the Institute for
Women's Studies and Research, visit our website:
http://www.iwsr.org .

Zan-e Farzaneh, Journal on Gender Studies
Institute for Women's Studies and Research
23, Nahid Street, Vali-e Asr Avenue,
Tehran, Iran
Tel and Fax: 00 98 21 20 50 694
Email: editor at iwsr.org