[WSIS CS-Plenary] Suggestion for WSIS-CSSection On-line Online Org/HR/Resources database for CS co-ordination

Amali De Silva amalidesilva at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 18:02:57 BST 2004

Dear All:

As there is no funding available at the moment I wish to suggest the setting up of the following database to maximize our existing potential.

Suggestion: WSIS - CS Section On-line Org/HR/Resources database for CS co-ordination

This will be a compilation of CS organizations willing to donate:

   Facilities - space for meetings at key locations ( Geneva, NY, Asian location, NA location , LA location etc)
   Human hours ( dedicated e.g. 10 hs /wk) to write / research / administer / co-ordinate advocacy groups etc
   Printing facilities for documents - locally ( for Tunis as well )
   Funds through national / international partnerships to support southern organizations with their internet connectivity requirements ( e.g. X North.org pledges US$ 800.00 for a 18 month period to support the internet service connectivity for X South.org ) Re: public engagement - local and international level
   On-line facility to store all relevant documents ( e.g.webGui ? ) for access by all
   Event site listing all CS-WSIS activites taking place around the globe - supporters of open source / freeware I am sure you can come up with something to prove the point for the need for such tools in society

Could UN / On-line Volunteers help us out with setting this up and the co-ordination process ?

Thanks,

Amali De Silva - Mitchell

President Vancouver Community Network ( Canada )

Amali De Silva-Mitchell BSc.(Econ)Warwick,MSc.(Int.Acc/Fin)LSE

Tel: 1-604-736-9012 & Email: amalidesilva at yahoo.com