[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSISblogs.org: an idea worth developing?

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Fri Dec 17 16:03:02 GMT 2004

Thanks, Rik, I appreciate the vote of confidence. :-)

For anyone who has not seen an aggregator before, here is an example:

http://kinja.com/user/acarvin

This is a free aggregating service called Kinja. I have set it up so
that it will create a public Web page displaying the latest content from
several blogs and news wires. It automatically retrieves new content
from each source, then posts a summary of it on the Kinja page.

Similarly, I can see WSISblogs.org displaying all the latest blogs
related to WSIS, plus allowing them to be sorted by topic, date, source,
geography and language. I am beginning to explore several open source
aggregating tools that might be able to do this; if anyone has any
expertise in server-side RSS aggregators, please feel free to email me
off-list.

thanks,
ac

--