[WSIS CS-Plenary] WGIG ProgressReport

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Thu Dec 30 07:26:04 GMT 2004

At 15:54 29-12-04  +0100, Wolfgang KleinwДchter wrote:

>1. The initiative of  WGIG Secretary Kummer, to ask members of the group
>to indicate their preferences from the 50+ issues list produced a very
>constructive reply.

:) 50+?? A constructive reply:) ?

Wolfgang,
as I am being involved with my government on the WSIS, and plan to continue
to be involved in the next year, I'm interested to hear some comments on
the opening remarks of Mr. Utsumi at the opening of the WGIG. I am
particularly interested in any reaction on the items on page 2.
http://www.wgig.org/docs/Utsumi.pdf

>3. The whole process is a member driven bottom up process, very closer to
>traditional listserv discussion than to intergovernmental diplomatic
>negotiations.

This sounds promising, but still does not answer my concerns above.

best,
veni