[WSIS CS-Plenary] WGIG ProgressReport

avri at acm.org avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 30 09:10:42 GMT 2004

On 30 dec 2004, at 02.26, Veni Markovski wrote:

> I'm interested to hear some comments on the opening remarks of Mr.
> Utsumi at the opening of the WGIG. I am particularly interested in any
> reaction on the items on page 2. http://www.wgig.org/docs/Utsumi.pdf

Essentially the WG did not accept his view that we should only deal
with:
    "on the core activity of the  management of Internet resources by
ICANN,
     in particular top-level domains,"
Though this is one of the most popular topics, the WG did not restrict
itself to the narrow definition.

In terms of his other points of page 2, the group does seem to consider
its task facilitation as opposed to negotiation, and have, to this
point at least, avoided the tone of religious war.

a.