Antw: Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Structure of WSIS Phase 2

Liss Jeffrey ljeffrey at ecommons.net
Thu Feb 5 16:28:56 GMT 2004

FYI
In Canada, at our well-attended debriefing of Wsis in Ottawa, hosted by
Canadian Commission for Unesco on February 23, there was support for
holding local events and possibly a Canadian Summit prior to Tunis. We will
be discussing these prospects today in Toronto (http://wsis.ecommons.ca),
in Montreal later this month (February 19), in Winnipeg in early June, and
will advise of other sessions via this list and all are welcome to post
Canada-relevant events in the web calendar.
I will write up that Ottawa debriefing following our session today where
(Liss Jeffrey, Andrew Clement - CPSR, Leslie Chan - Science, David Mason -
free and open source, C4LD) will all be on our panel discussion of
Wsis-Smsi from a civil society perspective.
At Marc Raboy's suggestion, we plan to ask the Canadian government to
support the idea of confirming the CS credentials from Geneva for Tunis.
Some of us also feel strongly that groups and citizens who know nothing so
far of the process should now be included in information sessions, and in
action plans, monitoring and implementation. We intend to keep building our
web resource to support these initiatives.
Liss J