Antw: Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Structure of WSIS Phase 2

Drossou Olga Drossou at BOELL.DE
Thu Feb 5 15:53:36 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Adam wrote:
>Problem I see with the structure is the lack of any regional
meetings...
>However, I think we should emphasize the importance of regional
>meetings and the diversity they enable.

That's a good point, Adam.
CS should plead for more "regionalism" in the preparatory process.
Regional meetings are easier accessible for CS participants and from
many points of view more useful for strengthening regional cooperation
and effective intervention. The given regional caucus structure in the
CS-Bureau should be further developed to serve as facilitator
negotiating the terms for CS particiaption in these meetings.

my x cents..
Thanks,
Olga