[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: WSIS Briefing, Feb 9, 1400, Rm XXV, Palais des Nations, Geneva

richard t jordan richardjordan at lycos.com
Fri Feb 6 15:55:03 GMT 2004

--Hi, Richard Jordan in New York here. This type of matter with rooms being posted at the last minute happens frequently in NY also, as a matter of fact, we sometimes do not know until the actual day of an event where the briefing or event will be held, and then the event is sometimes moved even at the last minute.

Having been at the CONGO General Assembly in December just before the WSIS, i can say that for all it does, CONGO is doing its best to work under extremely adverse conditions due to the issue of its office space in the Palais itself. And with reduced staff, it is amazing what CONGO really DOES accomplish!

For matters of transparency, i am the NGO rep on the Thursday NGO briefing in NY sponsored by the Department of Public Information. Sara McCue of UNDP, the Permanent Rep of Tunisia and Therese Gastaux are the other presenters. We all have about 7-10 minutes with Q&A -- first briefing here after the summit.

Richard J.