[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS at the upcoming Tunis meeting / CS input into Internet Governance activities

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Feb 12 19:55:39 GMT 2004

On 12 Feb 2004 at 8:30, Thomas Ruddy wrote:

Hi, Thomas,

> So let me put forth two questions:
>
> 1. How does our Plenary relate to the work being
> undertaken by ICANN's At Large Advisory Committee?
>
> 2. The WSIS CS Internet Governance (aka the Internet /
> ICT Global Governance Caucus) has been seeking a role
> for itself in the new group that Kofi Annan is to set
> up as a result of WSIS. How does our Plenary relate to
> that?  Could the WSIS CS Internet Governance represent
> the CS Plenary?

In my view, the Internet Governance caucus doesn't represent any other
body. The caucus should rather be seen as a platform and channel for those
who are interested in issues related to Internet governance and who are
optimistic enough to believe that civil society can have some impact on
current developments if we get ourselves organized.

jeanette