[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS Plenary / CS Bureau / CS Families

Sasha Costanza-Chock schock at riseup.net
Thu Feb 12 23:37:53 GMT 2004

I would like to express complete support for Karen's suggestion that a
spokesperson from Content and Themes be present at the meeting in Tunis.

We have been through several internal debates and clarifications on the
structure of the CS Caucuses, Working Groups, Plenary, Content and
Themes, Families, and Bureau.

We want to avoid revisiting this. CS Plenary must be present from the
beginning in the planning of the next phase, and we need to ensure
formal recognition of the CS structure we have created over the past two
years by the new organizers of WSIS phase II.

clarification of that structure is available here:
http://www.wsis-cs.org/cs-overview.html

What's more, we should make clear from an early stage some of our
needs/demands for effective CS participation in the next phase of WSIS.

For example, we need resources for travel to each prepcom, a dedicated
room with translation for CS Plenary at each prepcom, etc etc

Sasha Costanza-Chock

Free Press
mediareform.net