[WSIS CS-Plenary] bureau organization

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Feb 17 14:06:21 GMT 2004

William Drake ha scritto:
> always attract big populations.  So as we look to the next phase of WSIS,
> would it not make more sense for us to think about how we have actually
> self-organized and have a bureau comprising people from the most active,
> member-based groupings, irrespective of whether they're called families,
> working groups, or caucuses?

I must say that, even after some months of participation to this process,
I still don't see any actual need for this diversification - and I'm sure
that many of us do not even understand what the exact difference is
supposed to be among the three types (I remember a discussion on this
matter a few weeks ago).

Perhaps we should aim for a simpler structure in which you have the
plenary plus thematic groups created on a voluntary basis (whoever wants
to discuss a subject that is not already covered by another group may
create a new one).
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu.org