[WSIS CS-Plenary] PrepCom 1 in April?

Robert Guerra rguerra at cpsr.org
Fri Feb 20 14:31:42 GMT 2004

An earlier note from Charles Geiger mentioned Tunisia as the place where
the prepcom would be taking place....however, i'm not sure that decision
has been finalized.

Another place not mentioned where meeting might be possible - New York,
as countries have their missions there as well, and of course - the UN
has it's HQ there.

If the UN secretary general's office wants to assert political control
over the meeting, then it could happen. It's something we need to watch
out for as, was mentioned months ago, access and interaction in NY is
quite difficult and much more challenging.

Will be interesting to see how the UN ICT Task force meeting goes in
March - will be the start of moving the process to NY, or not...?

regards

Robert

--On Friday, February 20, 2004 11:53 AM +0100 Rikke Frank Joergensen