AW: Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Statement - To be read at WSIS/ITU informal planning

wolfgang at imv.au.dk wolfgang at imv.au.dk
Sun Feb 22 20:30:51 GMT 2004

Dear al,

there are some concrete proposals in the CS Declaration like an internaitonal convention against information warfare or a convention for cultural diversity. One key proposal was the launching of an independent WSIS "Observatory".

The idea with the observatory was to have a multistakeholder network  which could be something like a "clearinghouse" or, probably, also a "watchdog". The proposal was to evaluate internaitonal conventions and the work of existing intergovernmental and other organisations how the match with the WSIS principles.

The "Obervatory" proposal is a little bit different from the proposed "Annual Benchmarking" report of the WSIS Action plan, but does no conflict. In fact, it is complementary.

To base a short statement in Tunis on this already formulated observatory proposal could be useful.

best regards

wolfgang

In the  C-- Original Nachricht--