Additional comments Re: [WSIS-EUC] Fwd: A way forward for the CS structure - a suggestion - [WSIS CS-Plenary] (absence of) suggestion for Tunis meeting

Amali De Silva amalidesilva at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 18:58:02 GMT 2004

It is called a "tool" because it helps focus ones attention in a particular manner which enables clarity of  thought and brain-storming process: Here is an example of it:

WSIS - CS - SWOT Analysis of the current structure ( a few brief points - it has to be fully developed with all participants )

Strengths

1. We have a structure already in place – we don’t have to start from scratch

2. We have committed people

3. It has managed to produce a CS document in phase 1 for presentation to the Govt. plenary

Weaknesses

1. Confusion between families and caucuses

2. Organizers may be unaware of the reporting mechanism / representation of the structure

Opportunities

1. We are in to a new phase – best time to consider a re-structure

2. We have a large number of committed members who want to move forward

Threats

   Limited time before we have to formalize a structure – will it lead to disarray
   Insufficient volunteer man – hours / cohesively of CS thought – may lead to structure crumbling

And so on – each section has to be developed fully and then we would then have a map of where we stand and where we can go!

I share this with the plenary as well.

Thank you !

Amali De Silva – Mitchell

christoph bruch <c.bruch at gmx.de> wrote:
Amali:

I still do not understand to which tool you are referring.

Is it an electronic tool - like a wiki?

Please be more specific.

Christoph

--