[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] Internet governance :roles of plenary and governance lists

Fullsack Jean-Louis jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 26 08:02:09 GMT 2004

Bonjour à tous

Another problem with this meeting is its ambivalence :
- is it an "ITU internal meeeting" , or
- is it a "WSIS informal meeting".
This ambivalence is based on the dual role of Utsumi : he is both the ITU SG
and the Head of WSIS organisation/structure.
Iin the first case the meeting is submitted to ITU rules, whereas in the
second it is compulsorily open to all WSIS "stakeholders", whatever its
nature may be (informal, restricted, specialized, ...).
It would be helpful to listen to the opinion of the CS Secretariat ... if
there is still one !
But it should also be the role of C&T group "co-chairs" Sally and Bill to
lead the way at least until it is clarified which type of meeting Utsumi is
preparing, unless a "chair of the CS Plenary" could be agreed upon by the
largest possible CS organisations involved in the WSIS process.

Best regards
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT