[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [governance] Internet governance :roles of plenary and governance lists

Chun Eung Hwi chun at peacenet.or.kr
Mon Jan 26 08:38:23 GMT 2004

Dear all,

So far as I know, it is definitely ITU workshop.
Refer to http://www.itu.int/osg/spu/forum/intgov04/index.html

There, you can find out the following phrase.

"The workshop's goal is to initiate a process to prepare ITU's position
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    =
    =20
vis-a-vis the UN Secretary-General's Working Group on Internet Governance
to be established as a result of the World Summit on the Information
Society Declaration of Principles and Action Plan agreed on 12 December
2004."

And regarding attendee,

"Attendance is by invitation only to ITU Member States and Sector=20
Members."

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Fullsack Jean-Louis wrote:

> Bonjour =E0 tous
>=20
> Another problem with this meeting is its ambivalence :
> - is it an "ITU internal meeeting" , or
> - is it a "WSIS informal meeting".
> This ambivalence is based on the dual role of Utsumi : he is both the ITU=
 SG
> and the Head of WSIS organisation/structure.
> Iin the first case the meeting is submitted to ITU rules, whereas in the
> second it is compulsorily open to all WSIS "stakeholders", whatever its
> nature may be (informal, restricted, specialized, ...).
> It would be helpful to listen to the opinion of the CS Secretariat ... if
> there is still one !
> But it should also be the role of C&T group "co-chairs" Sally and Bill to
> lead the way at least until it is clarified which type of meeting Utsumi =
is
> preparing, unless a "chair of the CS Plenary" could be agreed upon by the
> largest possible CS organisations involved in the WSIS process.
>=20
> Best regards
> Jean-Louis Fullsack
> CSDPTT
>=20
>=20

--=20
Chun Eung Hwi
General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82)  2-2166-2205
Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
Seoul, 158-600, Korea  =09    | eMail:   chun at peacenet.or.kr