[WSIS CS-Plenary] [WSIS THETHA] Invitation to a seminar organised by SANGOCO

Refilwe mtintern at sangonet.org.za
Thu Jul 8 09:09:52 BST 2004

SANGOCO Partners & Stakeholders

Re: Invitation to a seminar organised by SANGOCO

As our valued partner, we thank you for the support that you have provided
to us over the past period when we experienced difficulties. We are now on
our road to reclaiming our space, and we would not like to leave you out of
this process. We indeed are consolidating and our efforts will strengthen
civil society in the medium to long term.

SANGOCO will be organising bi-weekly seminars where its member organisation
and other identified partners will present arguments that are sure to get
discussions moving. The purpose of the seminars will be geared at Board,
management and other staff members of civil society organization, engaging
them on topical issues and addressing debates as they arise. We intend to
make this a platform for engagement of critical thinking information sharing
and building new partnerships. The first such seminar is planned as follows:

Date                : Friday,  16 July 2004

Time                : 15h00 – 16h30

Venue              : SANGOCO Boardroom, 10th Floor Auckland House, Cnr Smit
& Biccard Street, Braamfontein

Theme             : Role of research in NGO policy development - “What works
and what doesn’t”

In this first seminar, SANGOCO will outline how its newly appointed Policy &
Research Manager, Ms. Fayrana Shabodien will approach partnerships regarding
research and policy interventions that SANGOCO will be embarking upon.

Your presence and input is very important and critical in this initiative.
To confirm attendance, please contact Fay Shabodien at 011 – 403 7746 or via
email at Fayrana at sangoco.org.za