[WSIS CS-Plenary] List of NGO reps in Hammamet and question of govt. relation

Atanu Garai atanu at takingitglobal.org
Mon Jun 7 13:55:58 BST 2004

Do you think that the inclusion of CSO representative in the government
delegation improves the chances of a better reflection of CSO inputs
prioritised in the governmental input in the process, and thus a better
lobbying by CSOs in this process? Or it is just a governmental supprt of
empowering CSOs in pushing their policy voices in this high-level meeting as
happening in the North. I believe for us in South it would be interesting to
learn how and why governments are allowing CSOs and general public in
sharing their concerns across the ministerial dialogues.
Best,
Atanu