[WSIS CS-Plenary] update on CS emergency plenary

info at virtualactivism.net info at virtualactivism.net
Fri Jun 25 18:04:46 BST 2004

In WSIS phase I in Geneva, many of you may remember if you attended the
human rights caucus that there were similar arguments from Tunisian GNGO
representatives -as Amir said governmental non-governmental
organizations. They created the same anger and shouting matches, and I
think we need to think of a different strategy because it ends up being
very disruptive. We need to think of definitely giving them their voice
and space and asking for the same in return, only to avoid the mostly
'uncivil' matches that have occurred every time the words 'Tunis' and
'human right's are put in the same sentence.  Let us put in mind that
this is what will happen and let us try and create a strategy for
dealing with it.

Marlyn Tadros, Ph.D
Executive Director
Virtual Activism