[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN ICT Forum civil society meeting - FRIDAY 3/26 2pm

richard t jordan richardjordan at lycos.com
Thu Mar 11 18:49:33 GMT 2004

--Hi, Since I think I have been literally the only NGO from UN Headquarters in NY to attend all of the Prep Coms for the Geneva segment, but not the Prep Com 3A, and since I was asked to speak at the NGO briefing along with Therese Gasteau of DPI, Amb. Hachani of Tunisia, and Sara mcCue of UNDP, and I proposed it at the session on February 12, that I will organize some type of open-ended group here at Headquarters that can meet to coordinate among ourselves re the tunis phase.

I will be in the air to Korea's UNEP Global civil Society Forum and the Ministerial Segment of the UNEP Governing Council at noon on the 25th, so unable to join you.

If you give me about 6-7 hours, there will be a copy of my notes on the briefing organized today, Thursday, March 11, by the Dept. of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) this morning from 11 AM - 12 noon in the ECOSOC Chamber in NY.

Participants, Sarbuland Khan, Director of the Substantive Secretariat and of the ICT Task Force, Therese Gasteau of DPI (Dept. of Public Information), Amb. Ali Hachani, Permanent Representative of Tunisia
to the UN, and Pierre Helg of the Mission of the Swiss Confederation.

Several delegations asked questions, as did one NGO.

Richard Jordan

Notes are not verbatim, excuse any inaccuracies please, they are mine alone. Notes