[WSIS CS-Plenary] Virtual Participation - Establishment of working group?

Robert Guerra rguerra at cpsr.org
Wed Mar 17 04:20:44 GMT 2004

--On Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:46 AM -0300 Beatriz Busaniche
<beatriz at maxmedia.com.ar> wrote:

>> if you want to discuss open source - please do so, respecting that
>> not  all of CS runs Free Open Source software - nor will they for
>> reasons of  support, language or some other reason. we have a variety
>> of platforms  - let's respect Operating system diversity as we do
>> linguistic  diversity...
>
> yes, of course.. that's exactly the point!!!! let's respect OS
> diversity!  and let's find a platform to include us all.. no matter
> which OS we use!!

platform , you want to change from non-free SuSE to debian? or from win
to mac....that's not a thread, a discussion which i want to pursue.

to quote my original message...

"I do recognize that those amongst us use a variety of different OS
platforms, and as to not enter into a religious debate as to which one
is best, ideal , more appropriate or more consistent with a certain
ideology or another my intention is to help bring people together in a
constructive way to move from discussion to concrete actions and perhaps
even deliverables in the weeks and months ahead."

building on that let's engage in a constructive, productive discussion
for all users. diversity is good

robert