[WSIS CS-Plenary] Virtual Participation - Establishment of working group?

Beatriz Busaniche beatriz at maxmedia.com.ar
Wed Mar 17 03:46:50 GMT 2004

El mié, 17-03-2004 a las 00:23, Robert Guerra escribió:
> --On Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:08 AM -0300 Beatriz Busaniche
> <beatriz at maxmedia.com.ar> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Derrick, could we get the source of this application?
> > Over wich linux distributions does it run. I saw that runs over Red Hat
> > but not sure about the others.
> >

> we can take that question further and ask if it will run on my Atari 64,
> my Apple II or my original IBM PC? I don't think so, right? Well, you
> can't make people happy all the time.

*Robert, i am sorry,  I have Suse Linux 9.0 (the last version). and i
would be very happy if we could find a solution FOR ALL.  so.. i have to
repeat this.   If you are comparing my computer with  Atari 64, i am
sorry but i am not playing here.
It's not a matter of games, it's a matter of democracy and a
participative process.

> let's not get caught up in near religious, dogmatic discussion of what
> works on what platform. as if we do, we'll find out we'll rule out
> almost all platforms for one reason or another.

if asking for ACCESS FOR ALL is religion, yes, i want to go back to a
religious discussion.  Nothing wrong with that.
we need an inclusive platform. That's the basic thing.

> if you want to discuss open source - please do so, respecting that not
> all of CS runs Free Open Source software - nor will they for reasons of
> support, language or some other reason. we have a variety of platforms
> - let's respect Operating system diversity as we do linguistic
> diversity...

yes, of course.. that's exactly the point!!!! let's respect OS
diversity!  and let's find a platform to include us all.. no matter
which OS we use!!

*Disculpen mis compañeros hispano parlantes, es dificil traducir este
diálogo.

Saludos