[WSIS CS-Plenary] online survey for Master thesis on NGOs

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 16 22:46:17 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Daniel has asked me (through NGLS) to forward this to the WSIS crowd.

Ralf

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Hello!

I am Daniel Schwenger, student at the Business School of the University
of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt in Bavaria/Germany.  Currently, I am writing my
*thesis on the management of non-governmental organizations (NGOs)*.
   The person, who forwarded you this e-mail, thought, you could be of
great help for my research:

In my thesis, I am highlighting organizational _structures_, working in
_coalitions_ and the _coordination within NGOs_.  *I have created a
web-based survey, where I am looking for participants of national and
international NGOs.*  Below, you find a text with further background
information.

*_Here’s how you can help:_*

* *

*1. If you work for an NGO: *Please participate at the survey at
www.ngo-research.info <http://www.ngo-research.info/> !

*2. If you know contacts in the non-profit**/**NGO-sector, *or people
who could link to potential participants: Please forward this E-Mail
directly to them, or sent a message to daniel at ngo-research.info
<mailto:daniel at ngo-research.info>

*3. If you are a part of an information-network or a mailing-list: *Tell
others who could be interested about the survey and recommend the project.

Below this mail, you find detailed background information that can
easily be forwarded. The survey can be accessed at*
http://www.ngo-research.info <http://www.ngo-research.info/>*

Additional information: The survey is available in languages English and
German. Answering is anonymous.  Filling out time is approximately 4 to
8 minutes.  A printable survey form is available in Acrobat/PDF-format
(to fill out and send in by mail).  _Deadline to the survey is December
10th_.  All participants have the chance get the final results after
survey.  As a little appreciation for their  help, surprise-packages
with delicious Lindt&Sprüngli chocolate will be given away among all
participants who leave an e-mail-contact at the end of the survey.

_Please note, that this is a serious, and non-for-profit research
project. It forms an integral part of a university thesis. _You are
welcome to contact me personally for any further information:  Daniel
Schwenger, Oberer Graben 1, 85049 Ingolstadt/Germany, Tel. +49-841/967
8787, e-mail me at daniel.schwenger at ku-eichstaett.de
<mailto:daniel.schwenger at ku-eichstaett.de> or daniel at schwenger.com
<mailto:daniel at schwenger.com>.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!  Kind regards from Germany

Daniel Schwenger

<http://www.ngo-research.info>

*International NGO Survey*
Survey covers organization, management, co-operations, and challenges.
Participate now at *
**http://www.ngo-research.info*.

Ingolstadt/Germany, November 13th, 2004*:  Non-governmental
organizations (NGOs) are on the rise.  As important actors of civil
society, they put pressing local and global problems on the political
agenda and serve as important watchdogs towards companies and governments.*

Though, their importance is largely acknowledged by representatives of
all political levels, their actual impact might be questioned by new
challenges: It becomes crucial for NGOs working together in coalitions
and alliances to achieve goals. NGOs gain a new role as experts and
partners for governments and businesses. Also, modern NGO-management
requires transparency and financial accountability towards donors and
the society.

These trends lead to new questions: How do modern NGOs set up a reliable
but dynamic organizational structure? How do they coordinate tasks
efficiently within their organization, and how do they manage co-
operations with other NGOs successfully?

The department of International Management of the Catholic University of
Eichstaett therefore conducts an international survey among NGOs in
November 2004. Daniel Schwenger, responsible for the survey, asks NGOs
worldwide to participate until December 10^th .

The survey is directed to the management of NGOs and experienced NGO
staff members. It will take 4 to 8 minutes to complete. The survey forms
an integral part of a university thesis. No personal data is required.
All participants have the chance get the final results after survey.

*Here is how you can participate:**
1. Take part *at the survey for your NGO and log in
at *http://www.ngo-research.info**
2. Recommend the survey *to others and post this information in mailing
lists*
3. Contact *Daniel Schwenger at *daniel at ngo-research.info
<mailto:daniel at ngo-research.info>** *for further contact-information or
questions.