[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: RE: [icann-board] Fwd: [GKD-DOTCOM] Cyber-Security and E-commerce

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Sun Oct 3 20:15:02 BST 2004

Dear Nabil,
please, feel free to forward this to the GKD-DOTCOM mailing list. I am
writing to Marta from Makedonia, as well. Hope this brings some more light
into the discussion.

I hope that we can keep the communication off the mailing list, if people
are not interested.

I'd be happy to help more, if I can.

best,
Veni

Further to the message below, I'd say from me: the listed countries are
well known for credit fraud (yes, including my own country...).

I think a wise solution form the registrar would have been to assign one
credit card, used by the local ISPs, issued by a well-known bank, to the
ISP or its CEO, which can be used for authorization of payments.
Or, alternatively, the local ISPs could send a check, drawn to an US bank,
for $ xxx, which then could serve as credit at the registrar.

And, of course, local ISPs can switch providers and registrars, but as
there's no guarantee they may face the same problem on a later stage, I'd
go for the better solution.

v.