[WSIS CS-Plenary] What is going on? Transparency and selection

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 7 21:31:56 BST 2004

Nabil,

That document refers to NGOs and business entities who had applied to
be accredited to Prepcom 3 (dated August 2003) of the Geneva Phase. It
is not a complete listing of NGOs participating in the WSIS process in
general.

Rik Panganiban

On Oct 7, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Nabil El-Khodari wrote:

> The organization name is not present at the ITU list of accredited
> organizations for the WSIS
> http://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-s/md/03/wsispc3/doc/S03-WSISPC3-DOC
> -0007!!M
> SW-E.doc
>
> However, I found our organization listed at
> http://www.wsis2005.org/wsis/documents/accredited2003.htm
>
> I do not understand the discrepancy, unless the ITU list is just for
> newly
> accredited organizations.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Nabil El-Khodari
> Founder/Treasurer
> Nile Basin Society
> Tel.: +1 (647) 722-3256
> Fax: +1 (647) 722-3273
>
> http://nilebasin.com
> http://nilebasin.net
> http://nile.ca
> 108 Waterbury Dr.
> Toronto, Ontario, M9R 3Y3
> Canada
>
> "If the people will lead, the leaders will follow." Dr. David Suzuki

RIK PANGANIBAN       Communications Coordinator

Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship
with the United Nations (CONGO)
web: http://www.ngocongo.org
email: rik.panganiban at ngocongo.org
mobile: (+1) 917-710-5524