[WSIS CS-Plenary] Request for information about "connectors"

Jonathan Cave j.a.k.cave at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 23:24:03 BST 2004

Hello to the list!  I have just joined, from the SI (= Scientific
Information) thematic group.

I was wondering whether someone on the list could help me to understand the
nomination process for WGIG, as the procedure seems to have changed - and
also whether a similar change has occurred for other working groups.

My understanding (and that of the SI group) was that the thematic groups
were to submit candidates for selection by Dr. Kummer and/or Secretary
Anan. It now seems that this has been changed to separate candidates into a
list of probable WGIG members and a second list of connectors, for which no
clear role or level of commitment are defined. I'd like to understand how
and why the procedure was changed, what I am expected to contribute and
what I may hope to achieve as a "connector."

I would be very grateful for any further information on this.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan