[WSIS CS-Plenary] Emponderamiento de la mujer peruana (urbana y rural)

Lady Murrugarra ladymurrugarra at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 12 05:15:20 BST 2004

La tecnologia (software libre) es la unica oportunidad
que nos ayuda para brindar los conocimientos a las
mujeres peruanas (Costa, Sierra, Selva)

Por favor sus comentarios cualquier inquietud
escribanos.

Saludos a todas (os).

----------------------------------
Welcome to Women's Open World Empowerment Movement!

www.wowem.org

WOWEM was created by and for Women who use or want to
learn more about Free and Open Source Software, also
called F/OSS, or OS, and sometimes Linux. F/OSS is the
first successful, sustainable, community developed and
owned software model that can provide new access to
communication rights for people worldwide. More
information on this can be found here: Wikipedia.

WOWEM brings together established Subject Matter
Experts (SMEs) with technical F/OSS expertise to
connect, discuss, and develop new ways to use F/OSS in
practical subject areas such as Organic Gardening,
Health care, and the Arts around the world. Therefore,
some of us are programmers, some system
administrators, and some not-so-technical but very
interested in F/OSS as a tool to do other tasks and
communicate and learn from new friends online.

We come from different lifestyles, different work
styles, different locations, with different ideas.
We're not just here to talk, we're here to DO.

WOWEM has three purposes:

-WOWEM offers people a place to meet, discuss, and
*act* on ways to encourage the use of F/OSS as a tool
for communication rights, particularly those of women
and girls, worldwide.

-WOWEM People Pods, News Center, and Research Roundup
exist as F/OSS-Gender Equity clearinghouses where the
best project ideas receive exposure and assistance
from subject experts, technical developers, individual
enthusiasts, and development agencies around the
world.

-WOWEM established the first F/OSS and Gender Equity
Journal, which is due for publication in early '05.