[WSIS CS-Plenary] Nomination of Karl Auerbach

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Sep 7 08:39:52 BST 2004

Milton, thank you for your passionate support for your nominee.

As I mentioned to Linda, could you follow the
format mentioned in our earlier email (I am
copying below), and send to this address

<igov at tla.crepundia.net>

We will collate all nominations.

Of course please also send to the plenary list if
you wish, but suggest you strip any personal
contact information.

The format below only asks for information about
the caucus or working group submitting the
nomination(s), we should also have something
about any individual making a nomination: who you
are, your relationship with the nominee (typical
conflict of interest type of things.) Of course
this would not be necessary for a self-nomination
:-)

Kind regards,

Adam

[Individual members of the CS plenary may also
submit nominations. Individuals should submit
their nominations based on the criteria explained
below.]

In making your caucuses/working groups
recommendation, we request that you submit the
following information, which will be passed on to
Mr. Kummer, with the names of the candidates:

- Reliable contact information for the candidate;
i.e. email, telephone, fax and postal address.

- A statement indicating the qualities that the
person would bring to the WGIG.  While no
particular content is being required, it is
recommended that this section include a
discussion of the concerns mentioned above and a
discussion of the experience and perspective the
candidate would bring to the WGIG discussions.

- A statement of the person's governance related
affiliations.  That is information such as: which
sector does the person belong to (government,
industry or civil society), what caucuses/working
groups do they participate in, employer, national
background, and language skills.

- An indication from the candidate that they
understand the work load they are volunteering
for and that they are available during the
expected period of deliberations.

- A short statement about your caucus/working
group. Include information about the group's
background and history, membership (numbers), and
achievements or other information you think
relevant. Please give a URL for a website if you
have one.

It is recommended that these statements be no
more then two pages in length. Candidate
information will be collated and published on the
Internet
<http://www.too-much.tv/internet_governance/>
(with candidates personal contact information
removed.)

END