[WSIS CS-Plenary] information (Nominations: Working Group on Internet Governance (WGIG))

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Sep 7 09:53:00 BST 2004

There seems to be some confusion about the information we are
requesting about nominees and how to submit that information.
Summary, cut and paste from my earlier email and a further
explanation about individuals below.

Please follow this format.

Please submit nominations by 20 September 2004 at the latest to
<igov at tla.crepundia.net>

Thank you,

Adam

Please follow the format described below and send to this address:

<igov at tla.crepundia.net>

We will collate all nominations.

Please also send to the civil society plenary list if you wish, but
suggest you strip any personal contact information before doing so.

The format below only asks for information about the caucus or
working group submitting the nomination(s), we should also have
something about any individual making a nomination: who you are, your
relationship with the nominee (typical conflict of interest issues.)
This will not be necessary for a self-nomination :-)

Format for submitting nomination(s)

In making your caucuses/working groups recommendation, we request
that you submit the following information, which will be passed on to
Mr. Kummer, with the names of the candidates. Individual members of
the CS plenary may also submit nominations. Individuals should also
submit their nominations based on the criteria explained below.

- Reliable contact information for the candidate; i.e. email,
telephone, fax and postal address.

- A statement indicating the qualities that the person would bring to
the WGIG.  While no particular content is being required, it is
recommended that this section include a discussion of the concerns
mentioned above and a discussion of the experience and perspective
the candidate would bring to the WGIG discussions.

- A statement of the person's governance related affiliations.  That
is information such as: which sector does the person belong to
(government, industry or civil society), what caucuses/working groups
do they participate in, employer, national background, and language
skills.

- An indication from the candidate that they understand the work load
they are volunteering for and that they are available during the
expected period of deliberations.

- A short statement about your caucus/working group. Include
information about the group's background and history, membership
(numbers), and achievements or other information you think relevant.
Please give a URL for a website if you have one.

It is recommended that these statements be no more then two pages in
length. Candidate information will be collated and published on the
Internet <http://www.too-much.tv/internet_governance/> (with
candidates personal contact information removed.)

END