[WSIS CS-Plenary] Call for Comments: Draft YC Input toWGIG Sept Consultation

Nabil El-Khodari webmaster at nilebasin.com
Sat Sep 11 23:25:23 BST 2004

First, let me congratulate the Youth Cocus on an excellent draft. My concern
is whether the WGIG would ideally be administered by the same group. Let us
not forget that it is the 'relatively older' generation that have grown up
with the Internet since it was first made available to the public that
really uderstand what restrictions were imposed on the Internet by the major
players, particularly US government and corporations to 'control' that
technology. Experience and understanding of the issues of governance, let
alone formulating an acceptable mission statement which the draft did not
cover, is of vital importance.

We should develop a philosophical statement illustrating how we feel the
Internet 'governance' should be. I am of the old school that the Internet
should not be 'governed' at all, except for developing international
protocols that make exchange of information between different platforms
possible and for allocation of IP addresses.

Again, thanks to the Youth Cocus for such an effort.

Sincerely,

Nabil El-Khodari
Founder/Treasurer
Nile Basin Society