[WSIS CS-Plenary] NCUC list of recommended CS names for WGIG

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Sep 12 21:55:58 BST 2004

I am very sorry that when Esther looks at
Marco Cappato and Vittorio Bertola she sees only "two
Italians."

There is more to these nominations than their
nationality, a lot more. The regional representative in
NCUC who participated in the selection is from Germany.
There are other members from NCUC from UK, Eastern
Euoprean countries, etc. They did not object. The
debate centered on the capabilities and qualities of
the individuals, not on their nationality. I am proud to
say that the question of their national origin never
came up.

Also, to reiterate what I said to Veni, keep in mind that this
is *not* a slate that is expected to be adopted as a whole.
It is a _menu_ that we are giving Kofi Annan to select from.
I am sorry there is no one from France. But there is no
one from about 190 other nations, also.

>>> esther.joly at club-internet.fr 09/12/04 12:53 PM >>>
Europe... Two persons of the same country????

We have to find an other member for the Europe region.