[WSIS CS-Plenary] news on TF on Financing Mechanism

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 15 10:13:11 BST 2004

"rsagun at takingitglobal.org" wrote:

> Dear Ralf,
> Thanks for updating the Plenary about the TFFM! It would good for all of us
> to have some information on the following:
> 1. Is there a link where we can download the initial draft?
I don't know. I only got this information and don't know more.

> 2. Who is leading the planned organization of the FM Caucus? If possible,
> please provide contact details.
I know that Rainer Kuhlen, Chantal Peyer, Roberto Bissio and some others
were discussing this. Also see Francis' mail which had information that
was also new tome.I seriously hope the interested people get together
now and start working.

> 3. How is the membership of the TFFM being processed?
I don't know.

> 4. Will the organizers partake at the upcoming WGIG Sept 20-21 consultation?
I don't think so. It is different topics.

But I am sure they will be somehow involved in the UN ICT Task Force
meeting in Berlin in November, as were Mr. Kummer and others at the
meeting on Internet governance in March. But there is no agenda
available yet. See http://www.unicttaskforce.org for updates.

Again, for all: We in Berlin are trying to organize a civil society
workshop on financing and digital development on the day before the UN
ICT Task Force meeting. Please contact me privately if you are
interested in coming and helping.

> Please allow me some days to get back to you on the WSIS Youth Caucus'
> planned/potential contribution to CS preparations towards the Berlin Global
> Forum.
Great to hear.

> Would you know if YOIS-Europe is gathering to attend the UNICT meeting?
I have not heard from them yet, but I would assume they do.

Best, Ralf