[WSIS CS-Plenary] Thinking about "intellectual property"isamistake

Nabil El-Khodari webmaster at nilebasin.com
Fri Sep 17 10:58:19 BST 2004

In Canada 40% of businesses use pirated software according to an article I
had recently read (though I do not have a reference). I see that in
developing countries who had the courage not to act on international
"intellectual property" laws in spite of pressures and lures are the ones
who have achieved excellent progress in ICT manpower development
(software-wise).

Developing countries should be encouraged to ignore such laws as a group.

Sincerely,

Nabil El-Khodari
Founder/Treasurer
Nile Basin Society
Tel.: +1 (647) 722-3256
Fax: +1 (647) 722-3273

http://nilebasin.com
http://nilebasin.net
http://nile.ca
108 Waterbury Dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9R 3Y3
Canada

"If the people will lead, the leaders will follow." Dr. David Suzuki