[WSIS CS-Plenary] fyi: caucus lac focal point/punto focal

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Thu Sep 23 15:43:09 BST 2004

>>> beatriz at maxmedia.com.ar 9/22/2004 1:15:03 PM >>>
español abajo / spanish below

> open access to knowledge: where are your archives and how Olinca
>xpects to go on being the "focal point" if she works just in a  group
>xclusive for "invited friends".

It is a well known problem in open lists that they can be
joined by the destructive as well as the constructive, those
with a fixed agenda as well as those willing to engage,
those attempting to dominate as well as those attempting
to communicate and exchange.

When people abuse openness, their victims resort to
barriers. Not the best solution, but sometimes the only one
available. My advice is for you to work this out with them,
most of us on this list can not know what to do about it.

--MM