[WSIS CS-Plenary] US government-funded report on ICANN, DNS released

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Tue Apr 5 04:53:50 BST 2005

Milton Mueller wrote:

>The full report makes recommendations regarding new TLDs (there is no
>technical or operational risk to adding 20-90 TLDs annually, a regular

I disagree with the number.  The Internet experiment in the .com zone
clearly shows you can have millions of domains.  Since the technical
requirements of the ".com" zone file are the same as those for the "."
root it follows the root can have millions of tlds.

I think specifying a number gives a false impression there is some
technical limitation on the growth of the root zone.

regards
joe baptista
www.joebaptista.com