[WSIS CS-Plenary] congratulations: Beatriz, Anriette and others persons...

Lady Murrugarra ladymurrugarra at yahoo.es
Wed Apr 6 18:04:13 BST 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: <wsis at cyber.law.harvard.edu>
To: <ladym at upch.edu.pe>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:58 AM
Subject: REQUIRED READING -- ITID's The World Summit in Reflection

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to call your attention to a special double issue of
Information Technologies and International Development - required
reading for anyone interested in the World Summit on the Information
Society. In the printed issue we have collected 37 essays creating a
unique resource for scholars, activists, and practitioners trying to
understand the substance and the politics of the Summit. In addition, we
are offering an online resource containing an additional 82 papers along
with interactive spaces for you to add your own reactions and critiques.

Contributors to the volume and webspace represent the widest possible
range of perspectives, regions and professions, from the global South
and the North, from sharp critics to ardent supporters, from observers
based in government, the private sector, civil society, universities and
international organizations. The essays are grouped by broad category â?"
including Context and Setting; Critical Themes; Normative Frameworks;
Voices and Participation; Globalization and Development; and Outcomes
and Paths to Tunis. Contributors include Nancy J. Hafkin, Nicholas
Negroponte, Hamadoun Touré, Hans Klein, Claudia Padovani, Derrick L.
Cogburn, Anriette Esterhuysen, and many others....

*  Order the printed volume (at a 20% discount) at
   http://mitpress.mit.edu/itid/specialoffer/wsis

*  Participate in the online fora and read the online papers at:
   http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/wsis

*  Contact the editorial team at: itid-ed at mit.edu

*  Join us in Tunis: We will be hosting a one-day seminar designed to
   further reflect on the WSIS process and chart the steps beyond
   Tunis. We will be following-up with details as the date approaches.

Kind regards,
Michael L. Best
Ernest J. Wilson, III
Colin Maclay
and the rest of the Worlds Summit in Reflection team

The World Summit in Reflection is a project of Information Technologies
and International Development, published by the MIT Press and edited at
the University of Maryland and Georgia Tech and the Berkman Center for
Internet and Society, Harvard Law School.

We send out only a very limited number of emails to colleagues we
believe are interested in WSIS. If you would like to not receive any
further emails please contact us at wsis at cyber.law.harvard.edu.

Lady Murrugarra
ladyperu at ieee.org
Oficina : 511-4823910, 4823903 anexo 15