[WSIS CS-Plenary] [WSIS THETHA] What does democracy really mean today?

djilali benamrane dbenamrane at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 09:07:19 BST 2005

Good point Jean Louis !
But we need an global good governance vision,
indenpendantly from the dicktat of any powerfull
country or leader. It is easy to put every debate
under an undefined democracy concept implemented
differently depending on situaton and appreciation of
a very limitted number of leaders (this could be a
definition of dicktature and not democracy).
I cannot accept that when demonstrations, reactions,
"constructed votes" are favourable or not to a certain
country they are considered as good practices and good
governance and if people are against it's denounced as
a bad governance... It is said that in ex soviet union
contries West foundations and civile society
associations supported and are supporting process
destabilzing current systems trying to cut any link
with social development approach and reinforcing the
market law... if this is the only vision of the global
good governance, we have to debate and to recall the
cat a white elephant of the futur world we are
building for our children.
Bonne reflexion Jean Louis...
Le monde manque d'une définition élémentaire de la
bonne gouvernance mondiale et globale..... sinon dans
le monde de demain que nous sommes en train de
construire le fameux chat va devenir un éléphant blanc
 et il y a matière à s'inquiéter pour nos enfants et
l'humanité de demain.

www.civicus.org/new/content/deskofthesecretarygeneral11.htm

Djilali Benamrane : dbenamrane at yahoo.com
Tel/fax : (227) 75 35 09 BP 11207 - Niamey - Niger
Tél/Fax : (331) 01 45 39 77 02 Paris - France
Page web sur le SMSI (mecanismes de financement) : en cours de construction
Page web sur l'Afrique et la globalisation : http://www.multimania.com/djilalibenamrane/
Groupe de discussion: http://www.egroups.com/list/afriqueglobalization