[WSIS CS-Plenary] www.worldsummit2005.org on WGIG meeting in Geneva

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 21 01:09:17 BST 2005

Hi all,

I could not really get info from inside the WGIG (the promised blogging
and reporting-back of the CS members of WGIG is not really working), but I
have dug through the detailed transcripts of the open consultations on
Monday. Here is my take on it. Comments are welcome, as always.

Best, Ralf

--------------------

Internet Governance Debate Moving to Next Stage
WGIG has started to discuss recommendations

20 April 2005. The Working Group on Internet Governance has had its third
meeting on the last three days in Geneva. The discussion is now moving
from mapping the internet governance landscape of institutions and
stakeholders towards assessments and recommendations. Monday’s session was
conducted as an open consultation, yesterday and today the group was
meeting in private. Expectedly, a few conflicts surfaced again, which
mainly circled around the role of different stakeholders, the question of
a new organisational framework, and the Multilateralization of the core
Internet resources. But progress can be observed. More...

http://www.worldsummit2005.org/