[WSIS CS-Plenary] www.worldsummit2005.org on WGIG meeting in Geneva

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Thu Apr 21 09:02:42 BST 2005

Dear Ralph and all,

It is being real hard (at least for me) to pay attention to the
discussions and report in [near] real time. Izumi has been able to do
some good reporting, and I am sure Vittorio, as usual, will be doing the
same as soon as the meeting finishes. I will try and write a summary in
Portuguese, since Erick is doing this in Spanish on the basis of our
reports.

frt rgds

--c.a.

Ralf Bendrath wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I could not really get info from inside the WGIG (the promised
> blogging and reporting-back of the CS members of WGIG is not really
> working), but I have dug through the detailed transcripts of the open
> consultations on Monday. Here is my take on it. Comments are welcome,
> as always.
>
> Best, Ralf
>
> --------------------
>
> Internet Governance Debate Moving to Next Stage
> WGIG has started to discuss recommendations
>
> 20 April 2005. The Working Group on Internet Governance has had its
> third meeting on the last three days in Geneva. The discussion is now
> moving from mapping the internet governance landscape of institutions
> and stakeholders towards assessments and recommendations. Monday’s
> session was conducted as an open consultation, yesterday and today the
> group was meeting in private. Expectedly, a few conflicts surfaced
> again, which mainly circled around the role of different stakeholders,
> the question of a new organisational framework, and the
> Multilateralization of the core Internet resources. But progress can
> be observed. More...
>
> http://www.worldsummit2005.org/

Carlos Afonso
diretor de planejamento
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor - Rits
Rua Guilhermina Guinle, 272, 6º andar - Botafogo
Rio de Janeiro RJ - Brasil         CEP 22270-060
tel +55-21-2527-5494        fax +55-21-2527-5460
ca at rits.org.br            http://www.rits.org.br