[WSIS CS-Plenary] General Applicability of Open Source Methods

Enrique A. Chaparro echaparro at uolsinectis.com.ar
Mon Apr 25 21:42:22 BST 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:05:12 +0100
MJ Ray <mjr at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

MR> Lest anyone forget, neither Wikipedia nor the IETF RFCs are open
MR> source in the full sense yet. Wikipedia has restrictions on
MR> what devices you can distribute it to (amongst other things)
MR> and the IETF standards (which drive the Internet) are mostly not
MR> modifiable for purposes outside the IETF processes. I remain
MR> hopeful that both will be repaired before it's a problem.

Could you calrify your point? Are you making a reference to the
``weird'' non-DRM clause of the GFDL[1]? And what do you mean by
``other things''?

Thakyou!

Enrique

[1] GFDL: The GNU Free Documentation License, the licence under which
Wikipedia's contents can be distributed and modified.

--
``Izena duen guzia omen da.''