[WSIS CS-Plenary] Summary of items up for discussion @ PC 3

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Mon Aug 29 23:48:01 BST 2005

Hello Robert

> On 29-Aug-05, at 1:18 PM, Dr. Francis MUGUET wrote:
>

>> There are two distinct issues :
>> 1/ Implementation and follow-up is *not* on the agenda of the PrepCom3.
>> 2/ The drastic and sudden modification of the GFC languages.

I checked, in the agenda
http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/adm2.pdf
during most of the afternoons, indeed there is now the subcommmitee B
that may deal
with Follow-up.
In the previous versions, it was written Internet Governance everywhere.

> Francis:
>
> The discussion on follow-up and implementation was started at Prepcom
> 2 in Feb. As the negotiations did not reach a conclusion, the
> discussion will be continued at PC 3. This is stated in the "Draft
> decision of PrepCom 2".
>
> I am including a text version below with annotations on where one can
> find a list of all the documents that will be negotiated at PC 3. As
> you can see, almost everything is still up for negotiation. Meaning,
> it will be a challenge to get through all of it in the 10 days we have.

Yes, quite impossible, I bet  we are going to have a resumed session in
October.

Best

Francis

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web