[WSIS CS-Plenary] Intergovernmental Negotiations and Decision Making at the UN - a Guide

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Tue Aug 30 20:54:24 BST 2005

This discussion prompted me to look for a NGLS publication that Ramin
gave me at PrepCom 2 (Geneva phase). It's an easy to understand guide
about the UN. Details are below, as is a excerpt - a nice
organizational diagram as to which UN agency reports to who...

Hope it's of help.

regards,

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)

http://www.un-ngls.org/d_making.htm

Intergovernmental Negotiations and Decision Making at the United
Nations:
A Guide  (Nov 2003)

NGLS’s Intergovernmental Negotiations and Decision Making at the
United Nations: A Guide explains the governance and decision-making
fora and processes of the UN system. Section One explains the
principal UN organs of intergovernmental decision making; the
negotiating blocs of Member States at the UN; the various types of
documentation; and the nature of UN decisions and the weight they
carry internationally. Section Two provides practical knowledge,
advice and guidance to non-governmental representatives who wish to
engage with the UN system, ranging from accreditation to the
preparatory process, to engaging in follow-up activities after a
meeting.