[WSIS CS-Plenary] Proposed statement to GFC on paras 10, 11 and 29

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 31 14:51:08 BST 2005

Dear Parminder and all
I'd suggest thet we insist on maintaining the two-way path for the "after-Tunis" period, namely implementation (mainly of the objectives of the Geneva Action Plan possibly completed by Tunis agreements) and follow-up process more focusd on IS concepts and applications .
A third principle was proposed during PrepCom-2, namely an evaluation process and associated body. This should be on the agenda for the forthcoming discussions.
Jean-Louis Fullsack
NB : Of course time is too short now to modify/complete the statement proposed by Parminder. In that case CSDPTT would endorse the submitted statement..

> Message du 31/08/05 10:13
> De : "Parminder"
> A : plenary at wsis-cs.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Proposed statement to GFC on paras 10, 11 and 29

Hi All,

The following is the two-para statement that I propose organisations and individuals endorse in the next 15 hours. I can forward the statement in the names of those who endorse it on this list in this time-period.

1.    The undersigned organisations and individuals from the Civil Society strongly oppose the move to make the proposed changes in paras 10, 11 and 29 of the operational part of the Tunis document, as per the new input document circulated by the chair of the GFC. These changes are too drastic, they do not represent the contributions of the various stakeholders to the existing text, and their acceptance will defeat the stated purpose of the Tunis summit, described as the ‘summit of solutions’, to make some real headway in implementing the promises of the Geneva summit.

2.    We will like to see the present suggested mechanism, based on stakeholder teams around action lines with a well-defined overall co-ordination body, as contained in the existing paras 10, 11 and 29, improved and elaborated through a multi-stakeholder consultative process to ensure that an adequate and necessary post-WSIS structure is in place, not only for implementing the outcomes of WSIS but also to take up Information Society issues as they come up.

Thanks Bill. I count CPSR on.

Parminder
Parminder Jeet Singh
IT for Change