[WSIS CS-Plenary] FOLLOWING IS NOT REVISED

dina dina_hov at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 14:17:12 GMT 2005

Daniel Pimienta <pimienta at funredes.org> wrote:   [Please
 ENGLISH (WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A NOT REVISED AUTOMATIC
Dear Daniel

Best in any time would be to be always excellent and without
>reproach. We of it are particularly conscious.
>In this context, the remarks criticize which reach us are at the same
>time very useful and convenient. They enable us to be better located
>compared to waitings that such an initiative raises in all the sectors
>of the public opinion.
We made for our part the promise of a total transparency and we
>obviously took measurements to ensure these objectives.

The Funds was set up officially on March 14, 2005 with the support of
>a small number of actors. We are thus in phase of constitution. We
>were given one year to arrive to our goals. Taking into account the
>ambitious objectives of the Funds and world range of this initiative
>and because of means as a personnel very limited our task is
>particularly difficult. The starting delayed of the international
>Agency of Numerical solidarity in Lyon (which is not in fact is not
>yet operational) and which must intervene in the procedure of
>acceptance of the projects still complicates our program.
We think however of being in measurement to arrive to our objectives
before the fixed expiry.
The Council will be in place with the whole beginning of the next year
>(its official component could be committed only after the adoption of
>the conclusions of Tunis). The research of a geographical, political
>and economic balance is obviously not simple to realize. For many
>actors, engagement in the structures of the Funds depend on the
>assurances which they can have in the solidity of this step. These
>difficulties also result from the innovating step, even revolutionary
>which we recommended with a participation of the private sector, the
>authorities and civil company in the decisional authorities of the
>FSN.

>As for the development of the projects, our step is limited to date to
>the installation of pilot projects. These projects enable us to test
>the types of partnership which we can engage on the ground with the
>associative mediums that it is within the framework or apart from
projects of decentralized co-operation.

The procedures for the management of the requests for support are in
>the process of finalization and will be presented on the Web site from
>here the end January 2006.

>Lastly, on the financial mechanisms, the introduction of a new
>mechanism of financing of the co-operation for the reduction of the
>numerical fracture: the taking away of a percent on the transactions
>touching with the services and the numerical products requires an
>immense work of information which we carry out on all fronts (with
>unfortunately little support in particular of the civil company). This
>mechanism - which is not the only one which should make it possible
>the Funds to develop and perennialize its action - fact the object of
>discussion on a world level and requires in muchStates of the legislative
>adjustments which are currently in hand. The Conference on the financing
>of the numerical solidarity which will be held in Lyon in October 2006
>should enable us to lead to concrete results on this point as on that
>of the exemption of the tax contributions to the Funds which we also
recommend.

I hope that this message answers your various remarks.
With my friendly greetings.
Alain Clerc
Geneva, November 25, 2005