[WSIS CS-Plenary] holiday amusement

mclauglm at po.muohio.edu mclauglm at po.muohio.edu
Thu Dec 8 15:04:24 GMT 2005

Even Sidney Blumenthal calls her Condi...:-)

Perhaps it's like calling George "Dubya," the nick-naming that the
latter is reported to like to indulge in.

FOCUS | Sidney Blumenthal: Condi's Trail of Lies
<http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/120805Z.shtml>http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/120805Z.shtml
Sidney Blumenthal asserts that Condoleezza Rice's contradictory,
misleading and outright false statements about the US and torture
have taken America's moral standing - and her own - to new depths.

>Hi,
>
>Reading the discussion here on the Rice (I refuse to call her
>'Condi') letter, which I personally don't think was decisive of
>anything, and in light of the gray wet weather here in Geneva, I
>thought I'd pass along two pieces of holiday amusement I've been
>pointed to this morning:
>
>Bush (played by Will Ferrell) to Earth on Global Warming
><http://www.devilducky.com/media/38792>http://www.devilducky.com/media/38792
>
>Bush sings 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' and "Party, Party, You Say It's
>Your Birthday"
><http://www.spintheworldweb.com/>http://www.spintheworldweb.com/
>
>Best,
>
>Bill

>William J. Drake  <mailto:wdrake at ictsd.ch>wdrake at ictsd.ch
>President, Computer Professionals for
>    Social Responsibility <http://www.cpsr.org/>www.cpsr.org
>    Geneva, Switzerland
><http://mitpress.mit.edu/IRGP-series>http://mitpress.mit.edu/IRGP-series
><http://www.cpsr.org/board/drake>http://www.cpsr.org/board/drake
>
>Morality is the best of all devices for leading
>
>mankind by the nose.---Nietzsche

Lisa McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Mass Communication & Women's Studies
Editor, Feminist Media Studies
Director of Graduate Studies, M.A. Program in Mass Communication
Union for Democratic Communications Representative,
World Summit on the Information Society

Mass Communication
Williams Hall
Miami University-Ohio